This is Pinner’s First Fire Engine and the fireman was a Mr Beaumont
The first post office opened in Pinner during the 1820s and occupied at least four shops in the High Street before moving to the one above, 23 High Street,now Bishops Walk, in 1903. Pinner’s first telephone exchange was established there at the same time. Both were at 16 High Street, now incorporating Barters Walk, from 1910 to 1932, when a purpose-built post office was erected in Bridge Street and a purpose-built exchange was erected in Marsh Road.
See also: The Telephone in Pinner, by D Perry, and The Post Offices of Pinner, by P Clarke, both in The Pinn, No. 2 (PLHS 1986).
The Cocoa Tree Coffee Tavern was built as a temperance coffee room in 1878 by William Barber of Pinner. It quickly became popular with day visitors and pleasure grounds were added nearby. It was also used as a meeting place for local organisations, evening entertainments and dancing classes. It later served as premises for the Conservative Club in Pinner and is currently used as an office.
See also: Pinner in the Vale, by E M Ware (1955)