The first post office opened in Pinner during the 1820s and occupied at least four shops in the High Street before moving to the one above, 23 High Street,now Bishops Walk, in 1903. Pinner’s first telephone exchange was established there at the same time. Both were at 16 High Street, now incorporating Barters Walk, from 1910 to 1932, when a purpose-built post office was erected in Bridge Street and a purpose-built exchange was erected in Marsh Road.
See also: The Telephone in Pinner, by D Perry, and The Post Offices of Pinner, by P Clarke, both in The Pinn, No. 2 (PLHS 1986).