Pinner Police station was built in 1899 by Fassnidge & Sons of Uxbridge. Prior to this there were police officers stationed in Pinner.
The first Station Sergeant was John Moore, who lived upstairs in the new station with his wife, Kate and their three sons. He retired after 25 years service in 1903.
The station had cells to detain prisoners and they are still there although not used for that purpose now.
The first occupant of the cells was a Charles Wilkson who was arrested at Headstone races for pick pocketing in 1899.
Acknowledgement : Neil Watson, sometime Constable at Pinner, kindly supplied the photographs and narrative